Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Three Reasons Why You Need You Get a Fitbit One

 
The Three Reasons Why You Need You Get a Fitbit One

Many recent articles have demonstrated that the less you move, the more you are likely to die sooner. Well, devices that monitor your movement can be great motivators to get your butt moving.
Wearable technology is still in its infant stage, but I am excited to see how it evolves. I have worn this little gadget for a little more than a year. Sometimes, I have run back to my apartment because I had forgotten to pop the little guy into my pocket.
This little device is so much more than a high-powered pedometer and using it can be habit forming.
Here's why you need to get one:
1. Motivating feedback.
I love the fact that I look at my daily step count and if I'm not satisfied with the total, I get walking. Around my apartment, taking the dog out, going for a jog, etc. I want to accumulate more. When you reach a milestone, the website acknowledges it by gifting you a badge. As simple as this sounds, I am always on the look out for my new achievement.
Want to measure the quality of your sleep? Wear the sleeve and wake up to some info. Although wearing the sleeve can be a bit uncomfortable at first, you get used to it. I have a 96% sleep efficiency! That's one area of my personal fitness that doesn't need much improvement!
2. Fitbit's website.
All the data accumulated by the Fitbit is sent to a website. When you are in range of the USB connected receiver, the little wonder transmits your daily activity to your Fitbit account. The website then aggregates this information into charts and activity scores. It makes the information so much more relevant and keeps you focused on moving.
3. Social connectivity.
Join groups of other Fitbit users and see what their daily activity is. Connect to fellow Fitbit enthusiasts and compete in a daily race to accumulate more steps. Competition breeds excitement and even more activity.
My cousin joined Fitbit and he quickly found that he was going to need to up his game if he were going to compete with my daily steps.
Devices are getting better at measuring data and analyzing it. The possibilities in health and healthcare are endless. I can see insurance companies offering these products to encourage better habits. Use a Fitbit and receive a 20% healthcare discount. Now that's real motivation. Get on it insurance companies...
Keep on moving.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7678415

No comments:

Post a Comment